Frocks and Frills Clothes Shop in Killaloe. Congratulations on becoming the Overall Winners of the Killaloe Ballina 6 Week Stepping Out Stepping Up Walking Business Challenge. Over the 6 weeks Frocks and Frills carried out on average 862,955 steps in total. Well done!!
In 2nd place – Wood Brothers Cafe
In 3rd Place – The Post Office
In 4th place – Heaney’s Costcutters
In 5th place – St. Anne’s Community School
The second award goes to the Business who has improved consistently on weekly basis, this was neck and neck between a number of businesses but the Overall Winner of Most Improvement goes to…….
St. Anne’s Community College
St. Anne’s Community college has made consistent improvements each week, starting in week 1 with 72,252 steps and building on this each week to reach a total of 123,638 steps by Week 6. Well done St. Anne’s Community School.
Presentation of certificates will be given to the Top 5 businesses and the business with the Most Improvement.
I want to take this chance to remind you of the National 5 k walk that will be held in Clarisford park on Saturday 9th January 2016. We are hoping to see all participants who took part in this challenge to come and join in on this national walking day.
I would like to thank everyone who took part in this challenge and I hope you enjoyed yourself and noticed a number of health and wellbeing benefits. I would also like to thank Community Sports and Physical activity hub for supporting this project.
We are looking forward to holding a number of new challenges in 2016 so it would be great if you could participate in the future.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family,
Results are in for Week 5
- St. Annes Community School 123,458
- ClareCare 118,97
- Post Office 115,135
- Heaney’s Costcutters 106,050
- Collins Phrmacy, Ballina 94,033
- Green Man Picture Framing 87, 921
- Mother Goose Creche 83,526
- SuperValu 81,461
- Clare Tipp Properties 77,103
- Collin’s Pharmacy , Killlaloe 76,319
- Donovan’s Insurance 71,198
Well done to everyone. We are into the final week of the walking challenge, look back at what you have achieved in the past 5 weeks, how do you feel? Do you feel healthier? Did you enjoy the social aspect, having a walking buddy? Do you feel your mental health has improved? Did you have fun? All these elements play a role in being healthier and getting fitter
Ask yourself is walking 10,000 steps a day something that you want to incorporate into your daily life? Just because the six weeks challenge is coming to an end doesn’t mean you have to stop too. Set your goals for another month or six weeks or even six months, imagine how good you will feel in January when you kept your walking up over the Christmas.
Remember we have the annual walk being held in on Saturday 9th January 2016 in Clarisford park, bring your work colleagues, your walking partner, your family and join in this national walking day.
The results are in for week 4 of the Business Walking Challenge
- Frocks and Frills 139,681
- Wood Brothers Café 132,474
- St. Anne’s Community School 120,593
- Post Office 110,621
- Heaney’s Costcutters 106,593
- Mother Goose Creche 91,285
- Clare Care 91,224
- Green Man Picture Framing 85,867
- Collins Pharmacy, Ballina 84,303
- Killaloe Convent Primary School 75,943
- Queally’s Supervalu 74,471
- Donovan’s Insurance 71,892
Well done to all the teams involved. Frocks and Frills and Wood Brother cafe are neck and neck each week with thier steps, who will take it over the line to win when all weeks are combined. Well done to St. Anne’s School who have completed a large number of steps this week. The aim is for every team by the end of the six weeks to have completed an average of over 70,000 steps a week. This means each individual on the team to aim for 10,000 steps a day. Two weeks to go!!! Well done everyone!!
Date for the Diary
All businesses unite!!!
We are asking all businesses to come and step together in Clarisford Park on 9th January 2016.
Clarisford Park in conjunction with “Operation Get Clare Active” are asking all the businesses taking part in the Stepping Up Stepping Out Challenge to take part in Operation Transformation National 5k Walk/run in Clarisford Park on 9th January 2016. Get together with your work colleagues, friends and family and take part in this national event. Lets aim to get Killaloe Ballina to have the biggest turn out in Clare for this National 5k walk/run.This 5k walk will provide you with the added incentive to keep your steps up over the festive season.
Also, every Saturday morning, Clarisford park holds it weekly 5k walk/run. Come join us and keep the steps up and building over the Christmas
To register yourself or members of your team to any of these events, please log on to:
We also have two posts from Satyma a natural medicine centre and boutique store located here in Killaloe. They have provided us with three blogs on
How to achieve a healthy life-work balance http://www.satmya.ie/achieve-a-healthy-work-life-balance/
Looking for a healthy snack check out http://www.satmya.ie/blissballs/
Perhaps the use of some herbs for the annual stuffing : http://www.satmya.ie/herbs-for-the-annual-stuffing/
Gayles’ Healthy Eating Blog
Check out Gayle’s Healthy Eating blog : http://clarisfordpark.ie/?p=643
Happy stepping everyone
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- National Landscape Forum 2018 – Ireland’s Waterscapes – Killaloe, 24/25th May 2018
- MINDSCAPE Summit: Nature based solutions for Campus & Community Well-Being
- Killaloe Ballina Community Survey
- Launch of Healthy Killaloe Ballina
- Clarisford Park Launch Video
- Psychological Skills Workshops for Coaches
- Clarisford Park Photography Competition
- Schedule of Activities
- RTE Nationwide visit Clarisford Park
- Clarisford Park is a Finalist in the 2017 Community & Council Awards
- Official Launch of Clarisford Park
- You’re Invited – Official Launch of Clarisford Park
- Dogs Must be Kept on a Lead at all Times
- ‘ Powerful You’ Workshops
- Clarisford Park Online Booking System
- National Planning Award for Clarisford Park
- The Winners of the Stepping Out, Stepping Up 6 Week Business walking Challenge are……
- Results… Results… Results are in for Week 5
- Results Results Results….. For Week 4 Stepping Out Stepping Up Business Walking challenge
- Results Results Results…. Week 3 for Stepping Out Stepping Up Walking Business Challenge
- ‘So, why am I taking part in this six week challenge?
- About Us
- AM I ON TRACK? Stepping Out Stepping Up Six Week Business Walking Challenge
- Am I on Track? Stepping Out, Stepping Up 6 Week Business Walking Challenge
- Booking Schedule
- Clarisford Park
- Clarisford Rates
- Community Sports Hub
- Good Carbohydrates, Bad Carbohydrates
- Healthy Eating Blog
- Healthy Town
- Make a Booking (TEST)
- Online Booking
- Powerful You Workshops
- Privacy Statement
- Terms and Conditions
- Terms of Usage