Clarisford Park has been nominated as the Clare entry in the All-Ireland Pride of Place Competition 2014 under the Category of ‘Community Innovation’. National Judging will take place on July 17th with winners announced in November.
Thank you to all Clubs, Groups and the Community of Killaloe Ballina who participated in filming for a short piece on what Clarisford Park means to you!
Clare County Council Press Release 07/07/2014: Clare Communities prepare to show Pride of Place
The communities of Lisdoonvarna, Clarecastle, Tuamgraney and KillaloeBallina are busily preparing for the adjudication stage of the 2014 IPB Pride of Place Competition, which takes place next week.
Clare is being represented in the all-island initiative by Lisdoonvarna Fáilte Ltd. in Category 3 (Population centres of between 750 and 1,500 people), Clarecastle Community Development Ltd. in Category 4 (Population centres of between 1,500 and 4,000 people), Tuamgraney Community Woodland in Category 6 (Eco Community Initiative), and Clarisford Ltd. (Killaloe/Ballina) in Category 7 (Community Innovation).
Competition judges, Mr Dónal Connolly and Mr William Beattie will visit Clarecastle on the morning of Wednesday 16th July before travelling to Lisdoonvarna during the afternoon. On the morning of Thursday 17th July, judges will visit Tuamgraney before judging the Clarisford community project in Killaloe. Each project will have 2.5 hours to present and bring the judges through their projects.
The four communities will be hoping to emulate Clare’s success in last year’s competition when Miltown Malbay was named overall winner of Category 3.
The annual all-island competition, which is run by Co-operation Ireland in conjunction with local authorities north and south of the border, aims to recognise and celebrate the vital contributions that communities make to society. The 2014 award ceremony is this year being hosted by Clare County Council and will be held at Treacys West County Hotel, Ennis, in November.
Mayor of Clare Councillor John Crowe congratulated the participating communities for their efforts as judging day draws near.
“The performance of Clare’s Pride of Place participants in previous years is evidence of the depth and breadth of voluntary activity underway in communities across the county. Judging day is a special occasion and represents an ideal opportunity for the people of Lisdoonvarna, Clarecastle, Tuamgraney and Killaloe to show pride in their respective areas by supporting organised events”, added Cllr. Crowe.
“Clare County Council is delighted to have been able to nominate four quality projects for inclusion in this year’s competition,” commented Nicola Killeen, Pride of Place Coordinator in County Clare. She continued: “Representatives of each of the four projects are busily preparing itineraries and presentations, outlining achievements and pride initiatives ahead of the visit by the adjudication panel. We would invite members of the wider communities in Lisdoonvarna, Clarecastle, Tuamgraney and Killaloe to play their part in making their local village looking its best when the judges visit next week.”
For more visit www.prideofplace.cooperationireland.org
Keep an eye out for new signage and seating being installed at Clarisford Park and Clarisford 3G in the coming weeks!!
Derg AC are delighted to announce that 2 of their athletes have qualified for the All Ireland Championships this month.
Derg AC was formed to allow athletes from Killaloe, Ballina, Bridgetown, Ogonelloe and all other surrounding areas to part take in Athletics at local, county, Munster and National Level.
Affiliated with the Athletic Association of Ireland (AAI), Derg AC train at Clarisford Park .
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- National Landscape Forum 2018 – Ireland’s Waterscapes – Killaloe, 24/25th May 2018
- MINDSCAPE Summit: Nature based solutions for Campus & Community Well-Being
- Killaloe Ballina Community Survey
- Launch of Healthy Killaloe Ballina
- Clarisford Park Launch Video
- Psychological Skills Workshops for Coaches
- Clarisford Park Photography Competition
- Schedule of Activities
- RTE Nationwide visit Clarisford Park
- Clarisford Park is a Finalist in the 2017 Community & Council Awards
- Official Launch of Clarisford Park
- You’re Invited – Official Launch of Clarisford Park
- Dogs Must be Kept on a Lead at all Times
- ‘ Powerful You’ Workshops
- Clarisford Park Online Booking System
- National Planning Award for Clarisford Park
- The Winners of the Stepping Out, Stepping Up 6 Week Business walking Challenge are……
- Results… Results… Results are in for Week 5
- Results Results Results….. For Week 4 Stepping Out Stepping Up Business Walking challenge
- Results Results Results…. Week 3 for Stepping Out Stepping Up Walking Business Challenge
- ‘So, why am I taking part in this six week challenge?
- About Us
- AM I ON TRACK? Stepping Out Stepping Up Six Week Business Walking Challenge
- Am I on Track? Stepping Out, Stepping Up 6 Week Business Walking Challenge
- Booking Schedule
- Clarisford Park
- Clarisford Rates
- Community Sports Hub
- Good Carbohydrates, Bad Carbohydrates
- Healthy Eating Blog
- Healthy Town
- Make a Booking (TEST)
- Online Booking
- Powerful You Workshops
- Privacy Statement
- Terms and Conditions
- Terms of Usage